Pages

Thursday 10 November 2016

Letter to Andrew Little

My letter to Andrew Little for the Social Action


Dear Mr Andrew Little,
Hello Sir, my name is Trisha and I am a Year 7 student from Hornby High School. I have been recently doing some work surrounding Sustainability, but I have been focusing on water quality. What I am most concerned about is the microbeads used in certain care products in New Zealand. Microbeads are very miniature plastic particles. They are used in care products such as toothpaste, soaps, face scrubs, and other products. To keep New Zealand fresh and clean, I believe that we should ban microbeads in New Zealand. The impact that microbeads have on our environment is appalling.
How do microbeads get into our waterways? Microbeads get into our system by getting washed down the drain. Microbeads are so tiny that they cannot be filtered by sewage systems. They get into our lakes, waterways, and rivers. Microbeads can also absorb toxins while in the lakes, rivers, or waterways. A massive amount of sea life die from microbeads, because they mistakenly believe that it is their food. It is believed that microbeads are more dangerous than discarded plastic bottles. Microbeads get in waterways, lakes and rivers >They absorb toxins > Pollute the water > Marine life eat them >  Marine Life Die > We eat the fish that eat microbeads > We eat the toxins in microbeads.
The companies that I know that use microbeads are : Clean & Clear, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Olay, and many more. Most of the companies disguise the microbeads. They call it  polyethylene, but sometimes polypropylene, and polystyrene.
I urge you to help New Zealand and ban microbeads. With your high authority in the matter, I believe that you could make New Zealand a better place. Thank you for taking your time reading this.  I would appreciate a response.
Thank you Sir
Sincerely,

Trisha Tayong
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that I have achieved LO3 because I have explained to Andrew Little why microbeads need to be dealt with, how big their impact is, and how he can help New Zealand by banning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.