Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Writing - School Lockdown

“I still remember the day very clearly. It all happened so sudden. I was lucky to be alive… “

In 1998, when I was 19 years old, I was offered a computer intern job in my old school’s basement. The teachers offered it to me cause I was a really good student while I was still in school. I didn’t really have anything to do at home except play games, but my parents didn’t want me to become those sweaty addicted gamers, so I took the job. I was working with two of my old school friends - John and Liam. The job was really fun, and I loved it - well at least before the lockdown….

It was October 20th, 1:30pm. I was working on some documents for Mr Smith. He was my most favourite teacher of all time. He was incredible. Suddenly while I was about to sip my cup of milo, on the speaker I heard,
“Lockdown Lockdown Lockdown! Lock your doors, turn off all the lights, AND HIDE!”
I quickly panicked in fear and spilt my milo all over me! I thought to myself, “Luckily this shirt is black, phew!”
Even though it was super hot I ignored it. There was no door in my office, so what I did was just turn off all the lights and sit on my wheely chair. The wait felt like 100 years, so I decided to play some games on my Iphone to make the time pass faster. I lowered the sound on my Iphone just in case. I thought to myself, “I’m so smart!”
After a few minutes I decided to text my friend John. I asked, “Hey John, what’s going on up there?”
To avoid becoming bored, I played games on my phone, then unexpectedly I heard the door gradually open ajar… I heard footsteps coming near my office… while panicking I crouched down and hid under my desk to stay safe. A man came inside. He looked quite young and his height was around 180cm. He was wearing a gray hoodie, navy shorts, and nike shoes. My heart was beating rapidly with fear. All I could do was hope that he wouldn’t see me under the table. There was a moment of silence. The tension was so chilling. I was super anxious. Then what I thought could only happen in horror movies happened in that very moment… My phone dinged. As that happened, my heart sank to the ground. There was nothing left to do except beg to him not to kill me. I was sweating so much.
“Please Sir don’t kill me! I’m begging you!”
Then out of nowhere, he stopped me.
He told me, “Woah, chill. I’m just here hiding.”
I didn’t know if it was safe to believe him or not, so I asked,“Who are you?”
There was a moment of silence, he ignored my question and asked, “Is there an exit down here?”
I replied and asked again, “Yeah, over there, but who are you?”
“I’m just a Dad, here to pick up my son.”
I read the text John sent me, “Hey, whatever you do, don’t come up here. Some random dude just shot Mr Wilson! He’s wearing a gray hoodie, navy shorts, and nike shoes. Stay safe.”
I couldn’t believe it. I felt a shiver down my spine. Just as I was about to read out loud the text to him, I noticed I was too late. He left. My heart sank again… He probably noticed my suspicion. All I could do was run upstairs… I made a run for it. He somehow noticed me, and he tried to shoot me. “BANG!” I heard the bullet ricochet of the wall. Thankfully police officers were waiting at all exits, so I was saved. He was arrested and put into jail. Some more good news, Mr Wilson survived. No one really knows why he shot Mr Wilson.

To this day, I still hear the gunshot play over and over in my head… I will never forget what happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.