Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Festival Of The Arts | Photography - Post 2

Festival Of The Arts | Photography - Post 2

Today in class we started to edit the photos we took on Tuesday. We used many websites free websites to edit, instead of using Photoshop, which is costly.

The sites we used -


The sites that I felt most comfortable using was fotor, and pixlr. 

Here are some comparisons of some of the unedited, and edited photos.


Photo 1 | The Chain
----------------------------------------------------------
Unedited

----------------------------------------------------------
Edited

What I did here was use the spot heal tool on pixlr to get rid of the small spots that were distracting in the background. After I did that, I saved the photo and opened it in fotor. What I did there was sharpened the chain a little bit, and added a vignette effect to the photo. I then saved it, and this is what the end product looks like.

I feel as though the edited photo made it look like it had more of a story to it, where as the unedited one just looked like I took a photo of a random chain.

Photo 2 | Red Eye
---------------------------------------------------------

Unedited

----------------------------------------------------------
Edited

For this photo, I took a picture of Xij's eye (Thanks Xij!) First, I cropped it so that the focus would be on the eye. I then went on pixlr and got rid of the small eyelashes that were in the way. I then put the temperature effect up to make it look a little brighter. After this, I added another layer, and used the marquee tool to select the eye. I then painted the whole eye with red, using the brush. After this, I went into the mode settings and changed it to overlay. I also went around the eye with the eraser tool, to try blend it all together without it looking fake. 

From afar, it looks really good, but once you get really close up, you can see that it is not blended too well. It still looks really cool though!

Here is a tutorial on How to Change Eye Colour on Pixlr -



"Photography is a story I fail to put into words"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.